This is probably the most we’ve ever procrastinated on something. But I’m extremely glad we finally got to it! We’re extremely honored and proud for this nomination, thanks to Casey @ Inspired by the Page. Thank you so much, Casey! Anyway, here’s the award!
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Tell the nominees these rules
So yeah, pretty straightforward. Here are the facts about both of us, but we’ll start with Aliza first.
1. I actually have other hobbies(I know, it’s surprising). In fact, I’ve been going to art lessons for a while, and do some sketching, oil painting, oil pastel drawing, and colored pencil drawing. I hope I’m not too horrible; I’ll show you a few of my art pieces below:
2. My family is full of travel-aholics. I’m the weird one who gets carsick and likes staying at home, but the rest of my family loves road-trips. We’ve driven to almost every state in the USA, and a couple of trips in other countries. Frankly, it’s exhausting, but at least I got to see a lot of pretty cool places.
3. I am absolutely horrible at anything PE-related. I would fail the fitness test every year of school, and my mile time was never below 10:30. I would try my hardest, but I just suck at aerobic activities. My dad blames it on my eating and reading(I know, I’m such a nerd).
4. I have a younger sister who I bug like crazy, since she’s usually the only person around to hear my book-rants(and Haven, but I have to call her first). She’s not as big a reader as me(meaning she reads less than 4 hours a day), so I’m always shoving books in her face. In fact, for her birthday, I made her a 40-slide PowerPoint with book recommendations. By the time she’s an adult, she’ll probably never want to see Clockwork Princess again.
5. I just finished my freshman year of high school(so I guess that makes me a sophomore, yay), which wasn’t as horrible as I expected it to be. I really don’t have a favorite subject when it comes to school, I guess I just like everything (except PE. I am not taking PE for as long as I can get away with it).
1. I absolutely love listening to music, and that’s basically what keeps me from reading 8 hours a day. Some of my favorite artists include Years and Years, Lindsey Stirling, Tori Kelly, and mainstream artists such as Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, and the occasional Demi Lovato. Recently I’ve been really obsessed with K-pop, Korean music, which is something I never thought I’d get into. I tried it out after one of my friends suggested it, and I’ve been seriously hooked ever since. It’s kind of scary :).
2. I love the reality TV show So You Think You Can Dance, and although I don’t watch it on TV (takes up too much time), I watch the episodes on YouTube in my free time. I’ve been watching it ever since season 9, and I’m excited for the new season! I’m a dancer myself, and I love looking at all the different styles and how the show explores very diverse types of dancing every now and then.
3. I used to do Taek-Won-Do (a type of martial arts) in the fourth and fifth grade, and I was actually pretty good. I was best known for my towering kicks, and our master would always praise me and challenge me to do the craziest things (those things may or not have been painful). I wanted to go all the way to black belt, but my family and I sadly had to move, so I couldn’t do it.
4. I was a Meg Cabot junkie in the 5th, 6th, and 7th grade. I absolutely loved the Princess Diaries and The Mediator Series. I plan to reread them in the future, and explore the rest of Cabot’s books.
5. I also just finished my freshman year of high school, and I actually used to go to the same middle school and high school as Aliza. Anyway, I am super pumped for the rest of the summer and slightly scared for sophomore year.
1. Bibliophilic Monologues
2. Reading is the ultimate aphrodisiac (bookchilla)
3. The Cheap Reader
4. For The Love Of Books
5. Lost in Believing
6. A Book And A Short Latte
7. What The Cat Read
8. Winged Escapes
10. girl in bookland
12. Nicole’s Nine Cents
13. Erika In Bookventurland
14. Daydreaming Books
15. Read With Me
Thanks again to Casey for the nomination!
-Haven and Aliza