Well, this is a wonderful summer surprise! This happens to be our third award since we started our blog back in December, and we’re very happy and thankful to all those made this happen!
First, thanks a bunch to Blaise @ The Book Boulevard for nominating us! 2/3 of our awards have been because of you, thank you so much!
Anyway, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award and include a link to their blog
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this
- Tell those 15 people the honor they’ve been nominated for
So here are the facts about us! It’s funny, we just did the Creative Blogger Award which required facts about ourselves, looks like we need to become more interesting if we’re going to keep providing facts for you guys! 😛
Anyway, here they are! Sorry about the fact that we actually have 14 facts for you to read, but hey, double the bloggers, double the fun! 😉
1. I used to live in California a few years ago, and I was completely in love with these Jalapeno Cheddar bagels from Panera Bread. Then I moved, and even though Panera Bread is a chain, they only sell those bagels in California, much to my dismay. So, whenever my dad goes there on a business trip, my sister asks him for regular-people stuff, while I ask for bagels. 🙂
2. My biggest non-book obsession is the TV shoe Avatar: The Last Airbender. It’s technically a kid show that many people watched when they were like, eight, but I just discovered it existed last August and am completely in love with it. I literally know exactly what number each episode in each season is, all the dialogue for most of the episodes, and all the actors who play the characters (I did mention I was obsessed, didn’t I?). When I explain this to people with normal obsessions, they usually just look at me weird, but hey, I love it, so I don’t care. 😉
3. My favorite sport is badminton. I’ve mentioned that I’m a terrible athlete, but badminton is something I’ve been playing for years and a lot of fun for me. So whenever someone says that badminton is like tennis, I kind of go into a huge rant-fest about stereotypes and overall make sure no one makes the same mistake in front of me again (This is why some of my best friends are books and not people, hehe).
4. My house is in front of this greenbelt-ish area where a storm drain empties, so there’s this beautiful stream right behind my house. My favorite reading spot is on the edge of this tiny stream with my feet in the water. The only problem is my house kind of has a wasp problem in July, which makes me a couch-potato when I can’t go outside.
5. My mom is a music teacher (singing, not instrumental), so there are almost always a bunch of kids belting their hearts out at my house (Haven knows, whenever I call her I have to lock myself in the bathroom to block out the sound). What these kids love to do after class is come up to my room and pick through my stuff, so therefore my room is always super-clean to bore kids, not because I’m a neat-freak. 🙂
6. When I was in fifth grade, I was obsessed with Harry Potter. In fact, every day during recess, me and a couple other friends would swish around pencils and pretend we were in Harry Potter. And we wouldn’t just take on the personas of the characters, we would invent new characters that were the children of the HP gang. I would act as Melody Weasley, a music-loving, prankster daughter of Ron. And I did it for the entire year. Thinking back on it, I realize what a weird kid I was. 😛
7. I’m not much of a social media kind of person. While I do occasionally post any art pieces that I finish, for the most part, I don’t like, repost, or even really engage on social media. I don’t have a Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat, but I do like scrolling through Avatar fanart on Pinterest. 🙂
1. I’m pretty short (4’11) for my age, and just in general. I used to be pretty self-unconscious about it, but now I don’t care. 🙂
2. I actually used to be a really good runner. I would love to sprint and race with my classmates and friends. Unfortunately, my athletic period came to an end during the seventh grade. I think that was the starting point of the laziness period, which is, sadly, still lasting. 😀
3. The only TV shows I watch currently are Once Upon A Time, Psych, Agents Of Shield and Pretty Little Liars. I tend to be a bit more selective with shows because I have a little sister and strict parents, but hopefully I can break out my shell soon and explore more of the popular ones like Doctor Who or Sherlock.
4. I think I’ve mentioned this in another post, but I’m going to say it again. I absolutely love K-Pop. It’s something that I never thought I would get into, but right now, I’m obsessed! I’ve even tried getting Liz onto the bandwagon, and so far, I think it’s working. For all the K-Pop fans out there, I just want to tell you guys that some of my favorite artists include EXO (I’m not crazy), BTS, BIGBANG, WINNER, 4minute, 2NE1, and AOA.
5. I’m not a professional ballet/contemporary dancer (I do a different type of dance :)), but taking the dance elective in school actually helped me. I’m not perfect, but nowadays I can do pretty good leaps and pirouettes. I’m currently working on my fouette turns. 🙂
6. I absolutely love typography art. Whenever I go on Pinterest, I always save a bunch of typography to my phone so I can use them for my screensaver, and I plan to get a bunch of posters with it in the future. I especially adore YA book quotes incorporated into the art. 🙂
7. In middle school, I was the ultimate orchestra fangirl. I never got the chance to the take the orchestra elective, because it wasn’t offered in my old school in California, but towards the end of 7th grade and all of 8th grade year in my new school, I was obsessed with orchestral music. I would go to every school concert and cheer for all my orchestra friends and even give song suggestions.
1. Pretty Books
5. On The Shelf
10. The Cheap Reader
14. Read At Midnight
That’s all for this post, guys! Keep reading!
~Liz and Haven